Personal Injury Damages to Which You Are Entitled

In all personal injury cases, including motor vehicle accident cases of all types, you are entitled to recover general damages for your pain and suffering, emotional distress, disability, permanent disfigurement, scarring, loss of opportunity to enjoy life, interference with the husband/wife or parent/child relationship, wrongful death, loss of services, dismemberment and any other type of general damage that deals with an injury which you can think of.  You are also entitled to recover special damages which are past, present and future medical bills, wage loss, loss of earnings potential and other out-of-pocket expenses.  It is your attorney’s obligation to properly prepare your case and determine what these damages are. This usually takes place after your medical condition is stabilized.

At the point when your medical condition stabilizes, which means you will not get any better or worse, your attorney should speak to your doctors and obtain medical reports regarding your prognosis.  At the conclusion of your recovery, the attorney shall put together a settlement demand package to try and resolve your case with the insurance company. From that point forward, negotiations will take place. Your attorney should be goal oriented to maximize your RECOVERY.

If your case does not settle, your attorney will file suit and proceed to trial.  Many times an insurance company will not pay you what you deserve to recover until your case is set for trial or close to trial. Insurance companies know which attorneys take cases to trial and which attorneys settle cases.  Those attorneys, who proceed and prepare a case as though it shall proceed to trial, will likely recover more money for you than a settlement lawyer. It behooves all attorneys to try and settle cases.  However, if cases do not settle in a reasonable period of time, it behooves everyone to file suit and prosecute your case, preparing for trial.

This is the best way to financially maximize your RECOVERY.

You may contact our personal injury lawyers for a free consultation.


Leave a Reply